alloneword

This is all about my textile work and textile fun... Custom Cycling Caps and more -- much much more.

Thursday, July 9, 2009

P & P and Zombies!!!!! also new caps! to protect your brains....

Hi All,
You may have been wondering if my brains were eaten by Zombies it has been such a long time sense I have blogged. But no, brains my brains are still intact. I have been sewing up caps, reading, stitching and the 4th of July. Not to mention playing Pool. Yep, a non-geeky hobby! I'm pretty good at it to if I say so myself.

Reading: Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen and Seth Grahme-Smith. It is strangely captivating. So very much of the text is unchanged in any way. Then all of a sudden these Zombies show up. Seth G-S did a wonderful job explaining and giving a history to the Zombie "Plague". A great read especially if you are an P & P fan. Here is how it all starts:

"It is a truth universally acknowledged that a zombie in possession of brains must be in want of more brains."

Here is a link to a movie gosip website. It has a good description of the book and a photo of the cover. Worth a click!


Cap Photos: to follow soon!!!! The cap that went to Finland was well received. So well in fact that the boy friend hi-jacked it! She ordered another one. That one is on its way as I write this. I spent to long working on it. But it was worth it. As you will see in the photos.

Stitching: I have been stitching up a storm on MaryBeth's Christmas stocking, MR 1811 and other unfinished projects.

The 4th: My plans fell through and I spent the holiday alone. I missed how I used to spend my holidays. But it was not all bad. I watched Shaun of the Dead and played Super Maro Bro's Cart on a Wii with my room mates kids. A fine film and a great game. A quick shout out to my peeps Tristan and Ethan and my Pool Sensei.

Thank you for stopping by,
Mary Elizabeth

1 comment:

  1. Hi!! I'm going to stop by the shop Saturday with a stitchy group get together. Yay...can't wait! I hope you're working...would be great to see you there.

    ReplyDelete