alloneword

This is all about my textile work and textile fun... Custom Cycling Caps and more -- much much more.

Monday, March 23, 2009

One Quilt at a Time at NiaH

What a great day at NiaH.  The stitchers from One Quilt at a Time were so much fun.  They were working on the coolest projects too.  One lady was doing Shadow Work with DMC floche.  Another lady was doing this wreath of flowers embroidery that she had altered to reflect the four seasons.  It was so exciting to watch her select her palette of colors.  It was just fantastic.  The owner of One Quilt at a Time, was with them, she was so kind and nice.  I just loved talking to her.  Her name is Denise.  What was so cute is that her daughter was with her (Sara Elizabeth) and she was very sweet too.   I am always amazed how kind stitchers are.  Everyone was helping each other with patterns and colors.  I am very grateful that I get to work with such good people.

Here is a link to Denise's One Quilt at a Time shop in Fremont:


I was there a few months ago and it is just such a cute shop.  As you can see they have lots of classes in different quilting techniques and stitching methods.   I found the selection of fabrics interesting and engageing.  I can't wait to go back!

After NiaH was closed for the day I went up to my workshop and sorted buttons!  I am so suprised that there are so many.  They are worse then Tribbles!  How did I get so many?  Where did they come from? 


Here is a picture of some of the buttons in their happy little sorted drawers.  I don't know why I think it will be nessary to have them sorted by size and number of holes.  But it seems like the way to go about it.  Time will tell how useful this is.







This is the best photo.  The buttons are seporated into pairs awaiting earring wires and Etsy.

Best Wishes,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment