alloneword

This is all about my textile work and textile fun... Custom Cycling Caps and more -- much much more.

Friday, October 30, 2009

Two shops in Piedmont! They have my caps. happy happy

Happy Halloween Eve,
It is almost Halloween and I am glad for it.  Halloween is one of my favorite holidays, and it just seems to get better every year.  Here in Alameda we take it pretty seriously.  It seems that every block has a giant spider infestation, and the island has become a graveyard.


My caps are now at Montano Velo on Piedmont Ave.  Jason (the very cool man in charge) bought over a dozen of my super soft cashmere and wool caps (in black and navy).  My largest cap order yet.  He was so nice, and said thank you for the caps and everything.  Just a class act that guy.

Here is a pic of his shop:



The second shop that has my caps is SewImages also on Piedmont Ave.  I was a bit concerned about having my caps in two shops so close, but no one else was.  Here is a picture of Cecilia's shop:

  It is a great place that specializes in sewing machines, embroidery machines, and surgers.   They even do repairs.  They have a new section set up for consignment items.  That is where I come in.  I had my caps in my basket and they asked to look at them.  Right a way they were hooked, and I could not have found nicer folks.  Next week they are going to stock my earrings too.  Yippiee.

It has been a busy week, and now a fun (and busy) weekend.
See you on the flip side,
Mary

2 comments: