alloneword

This is all about my textile work and textile fun... Custom Cycling Caps and more -- much much more.

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Dia de Los Muertos for my Mom and Family



Good Morning Everyone,
Its Dia de Los Muertos and I have been thinking of my Mom for weeks now.  As most of you know my Mom passed away almost ten years ago.  She was a fun lady and a great Mom.  Her name is Ruth Ann Dodge and she grew up in San Lorenzo, CA.  My Mom could make and sew anything.  She was just brilliant at it.  I like to think that a bit of her rubbed off on me.  At least I know that she taught me how to make all kinds of wonderful stuff and how to have a good time.  Often when I am sewing I feel like she is with me.  At those times it seems like she is proud of me.

Here is a picture of my Mom standing behind her Mom (Rosemary Bernice Dodge):


They both look so young here it is hard to believe that it is truly them.  My Grandma, at 92 years old,  still lives in the same house where my Mom and Uncle John grew up.

And here is a link to Wiki about Dia de Los Muertos http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Day_of_the_Dead.  It is a holiday observed in Mexico.  I have always liked it because it brings the people I love and lost back to me for a little while.

All the best,
Mary

P.S.  A quick shout out to my peeps: Daddy, Grandmother and Grandfather Knutsen (I wish I got to meet you), Grand-dad, Uncle John, Great Aunt Ruth, and Auntie Dorthy and Uncle Cliff, Grandma with the White Hair aka Great Grandma,  Jim, Aunt Fae, and last but not least Uncle Bud and his daughter Linda.  I love you all, and miss you everyday.   (few add on for friends: Chris, , Wes, & GeS's Mom.)
m

1 comment: